Definition of transgression:
iniquity, wickedness, sin, criminality, ill-doing, unrighteousness, error, misdeed, immorality, ungodliness, wrong-doing, malefaction, trespass, wrong, delinquency, vice, lawbreaking, viciousness, debt, trespass, right, wrongdoing, evildoing, misdoing, evil, depravity, fault, contravention.
- crime (part of speech: noun)
- noncompliance (part of speech: noun)
- overrunning (part of speech: noun)
- guilt (part of speech: noun)
- "The Puppet Crown", Harold MacGrath.
The truncheon leant back against the chimney, and took no notice of the personal insult, like a well- trained policeman as it was, though it was ready enough to avenge any transgression against morality or order.- "Journeys Through Bookland V2", Charles H. Sylvester.
- "The Honorable Percival", Alice Hegan Rice.