Definition of transition:
musical passage, passage, enactment, innovation, changeover, renewal, spiritual rebirth, passageway, development, pitch contour, realignment, intonation, renewing, novelty, handing over, transit, revolution, variety, vicissitude, turn, transmutation, passing, conversion, inflection, rebirth, modulation.
- change (part of speech: noun)
- motion (part of speech: noun)
- transience (part of speech: noun)
- conversion (part of speech: noun)
- "A Book of Myths", Jean Lang.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
Another sudden transition in the poem is indicated by a mere dash after " And I-" Starting to relate her own experience with a loving mother's instinct she turns instead to the grief of her son,- "...- "Browning and the Dramatic Monologue", S. S. Curry.