Definition of transport:
- A convict transported, or sentenced to exile.
- A vessel employed for transporting, especially for carrying soldiers, warlike stores, or provisions, from one place to another, or to convey convicts to their destination; - called also transport ship, transport vessel.
- To carry away with vehement emotion, as joy, sorrow, complacency, anger, etc.; to ravish with pleasure or ecstasy; as, music transports the soul.
- To carry or bear from one place to another; to remove; to convey; as, to transport goods; to transport troops.
- To carry, or cause to be carried, into banishment, as a criminal; to banish.
- Transportation; carriage; conveyance.
- Vehement emotion; passion; ecstasy; rapture.
hug drug, carry, accept, manoeuvre, institutionalize, seizure, elation, exile, beam, board, transmit, channelize, becharm, dishonour, capture, enrapture, send, grip, station, arr., influence, paradise, transportation, transfer of training, steer, comport, deportation, behave, canalize, disco biscuit, reassign, impartation, arrivals, carry away, guide, cristal, go, take, enamour, expatriate, extend, expel, sway, fare, run, stockpile, catch, apotheosis, lift, ostracize, lead to, personal transporter, ravish, schlep, merchant vessels, have a bun in the oven, jinx, hold, escort, electrify, entrance, pack a punch, contain, please, intoxication, banish, accompanied, heaven, transferee, over, mass transit, aisle seat, canalise, excite, raptus, enjoy, skew, post, deport, transpose, transportation system, cloud nine, send off, captivate, conveyancing, stir, gestate, tote, vehicle, trance, exhilaration, get off, violate, carry-over, air, tape drive, public transportation, tape transport, lug, enamor, channelise, enthrall, imparting, swoon, glamour, enthral, book on, seventh heaven, ecstasy, communication, place, thrill, color, revel, witch, expect, booking, expatriation, bewitch, departure, change, institutionalise, channel, rape, booking office, outrage, flier, merchant marine, amphibian, public transport, beguile, motor vehicle, shipping, persuade, assault, euphoria, point, direct, machine, dribble, head, bus, transfer, send out, elatedness, conveying, charge, manoeuver, exaltation, charm, deification, rhapsody, transplant, commit, transit, diesel, hex, rapture, mail, bookable, communicate, give, high, decide, stock, ictus, broadcast, ship, service, pack, enchant, conveyance, maneuver, dishonor, delight, embark, bliss, fascinate, conveyance of title, acquit, sustain, aboard, link, afloat, coaster, transferral, cargo ships.
- carry (part of speech: verb)
- bring (part of speech: verb)
- cartage (part of speech: noun)
- ship (part of speech: verb)
- vehicle (part of speech: noun)
Is it not a fact that since you and Grant ran amuck on the transport coming over, and Comyn put you both in irons, the two of you had sworn vengeance against him; that you had both taken the blood oath to get him?- "The Law of Hemlock Mountain", Hugh Lundsford.
- "Blake's Burden", Harold Bindloss.
- "The Pirates of Ersatz", Murray Leinster.