Definition of trapezoid :
1. A bone of the carpus at the base of the second metacarpal, or index finger.
2. A plane four- sided figure, having two sides parallel to each other.
3. Having the form of a trapezoid; trapezoidal; as, the trapezoid ligament which connects the coracoid process and the clavicle.
4. Of or pertaining to the trapezoid ligament; as, the trapezoid line.
geometric figure (part of speech: noun)
dodecahedron, parallelogram, parallelepiped, pentahedron, octagon, right-angle triangle, hexahedron, polygon, pentagon, quadrilateral, square, hexagon, tetrahedron, rhombus, cube, quadrangle, equilateral triangle, triangle, rectangle, heptagon, dodecagon, cusp, scalene triangle, tetragon, polyhedron, tetragram, isosceles triangle, decagon, octahedron
- As there is no common name for this figure, name it trapezoid at once. - "Guide to the Kindergarten and Intermediate Class and Moral Culture of Infancy.", Elizabeth P. Peabody Mary Mann.
- Pupils know from their work in arithmetic how to find the area of a triangle or a trapezoid, so that the area of the field is easily found. - "The Teaching of Geometry", David Eugene Smith.
- The term " isosceles trapezoid" is used to mean a trapezoid with two opposite sides equal, but not parallel. - "The Teaching of Geometry", David Eugene Smith.