Definition of traveler:
- A commercial agent who travels for the purpose of receiving orders for merchants, making collections, etc.
- A traveling crane. See under Crane.
- An iron encircling a rope, bar, spar, or the like, and sliding thereon.
- One who travels; one who has traveled much.
- The metal loop which travels around the ring surrounding the bobbin, in a ring spinner.
gypsy, sight-, pilgrim, itinerant, adventurer, rambler, migrant, hobo, explorer, excursionist, wanderer, tramp, roamer, traveller, displaced person, gadabout, junketer, globe-trotter, straggler, wandering Jew, truant, DP, commuter, peddler.
- "Do and Dare A Brave Boy's Fight for Fortune", Horatio Alger, Jr..
The spot will delight the traveler as much as it did Mr. Pickwick, who exclaimed, as it all came in view: " If this were the place to which all who are troubled with our friend's complaint came, I fancy their old attachment to this world would very soon return"; at any rate, his other companions were all agreed upon the point.- "The Inns and Taverns of "Pickwick" With Some Observations on their Other Associations", B.W. Matz.
- "The Flockmaster of Poison Creek", George W. Ogden.