Definition of travesty:
prank, lampoon, humbug, dupery, respect, antic, scoff, farce, mockery, scoffing, charade, pasquinade, perversion, take-off, same, fraud, trick, study at parody, takeoff, parody, caper, jeering, extravaganza, mock, farce comedy, sendup, hoax, forcemeat, spoof, put on, jeer, burlesque, fraudulence.
- imitation (part of speech: noun)
- misrepresentation (part of speech: noun)
- ridicule (part of speech: noun)
- misinterpretation (part of speech: noun)
When I first heard that someone was in London who, it was rumoured, was the Lord Jesus, my feeling was one of shock, horror, amazement, to think that anyone could be guilty of so blasphemous a travesty.- "A Second Coming", Richard Marsh.
- "The Complete Essays of C. D. Warner", Charles Dudley Warner.
- "The Social Cancer A Complete English Version of Noli Me Tangere", José Rizal.