Definition of treachery:
subversiveness, cheat, imposition, swindle, imposture, double cross, falsity, business, perfidiousness, unfaithfulness, lese majesty, perfidy, sellout, false-heartedness, a stab in the back, cheating, trust, betrayal, treason, artifice, deception, disaffection, swindling, faithlessness, continue, trick, disloyalty, deceit, inconstancy, fraud, duplicity, disconnect, infidelity, falseness, treacherousness, backstabbing, two-timing, disloyalty, high treason.
- conspiracy (part of speech: noun)
- dishonesty (part of speech: noun)
- disobedience (part of speech: noun)
- danger (part of speech: noun)
Any information from their ranks to him was regarded as treachery; and, besides, his stay in Tennis could be but brief, as the King, on account of the impending war, had summoned him back to the capital.- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "The Double-Dealer", William Congreve.
- "The Chouans", Honore de Balzac.