Definition of tree :
1. A cross or gallows; as Tyburn tree.
2. A mass of crystals, aggregated in arborescent forms, obtained by precipitation of a metal from solution. See Lead tree, under Lead.
3. A piece of timber, or something commonly made of timber; - used in composition, as in axletree, boottree, chesstree, crosstree, whiffletree, and the like.
4. Any perennial woody plant of considerable size ( usually over twenty feet high) and growing with a single trunk.
5. Something constructed in the form of, or considered as resembling, a tree, consisting of a stem, or stock, and branches; as, a genealogical tree.
6. To drive to a tree; to cause to ascend a tree; as, a dog trees a squirrel.
7. To place upon a tree; to fit with a tree; to stretch upon a tree; as, to tree a boot. See Tree, n., 3.
8. Wood; timber.
bottle, plane, ficus, calabra, corner, ginko, crabapple, box elder, baobab, bamboo, tulip, prune, olive, tree diagram, abba, betel, catalpa, bo, plum, sir herbert beerbohm tree, redbud, ailanthus, shoetree, evergreen
tree (part of speech: noun)
cypress, elm, redwood, pine, sycamore, magnolia, butternut, larch, balsa, laurel, acacia, mountain ash, cassia, dogwood, avocado, yew, quince, banyan, balsam, maple, weeping willow, willow, mimosa, peach, spruce, gum, cashew, pear, oak, ebony, fir, lemon, lime, tamarack, ironwood, poplar, mulberry, fig, sandalwood, almond, orange, eucalyptus, papaya, breadfruit, sequoia, coconut, apple, chestnut, citron, juniper, apricot, locust, ash, linden, alder, rosewood, mahogany, palm, cedar, aspen, elder, cottonwood, beech, cherry, pecan, mangrove, teak, walnut, birch, hickory
vegetation (part of speech: noun)