Definition of trend :
1. Clean wool.
2. Inclination in a particular direction; tendency; general direction; as, the trend of a coast.
3. To cause to turn; to bend.
4. To cleanse, as wool.
5. To have a particular direction; to run; to stretch; to tend; as, the shore of the sea trends to the southwest.
fashion, latest, social movement, arch, like, current, cut back, cut off, dilute, cause, abridge, course of instruction, trim back, enthusiasm, gallery, kink, apparent motion, tailor, stylus, tend, bring down, disregard, front, arc, bowel movement, turn, grade, shorten, usual, vogue, crook, geld, tide, rationalize, panache, motion, veer, slide, hack, ignore, apparent movement, wind, foreshorten, crusade, trim, approach, sheer, twist, bm, slip, skip, chic, snub, cut, dernier cri, campaign, curve, class, ton, effort, course of study, flavor, way, cut down, mode, lean, skid, trim down, go, edit, flair, slant, rationalise, style, motility, movement, manner, slue, drive, likely, cast, swerve, rage, prune, make out, impulsion, curl, move, switch off, expressive style, hot ticket, purport, craze, thin out, drift, abbreviate, thin, buzz, dash, fad, partiality, sensation, reduce, form, squint, impetus, write out, turn out, contract, edit out, row, issue, turn off, line, run, furor, incline, burn, elan, course of action, slew, last word, thing
changes (part of speech: noun)
tendency (part of speech: noun)
disposition, polarity, predisposition, bent, leaning, tenor, proneness, bias, aptness, predilection, tendency, course, grain, affinity, direction, propensity, proclivity, temperament, penchant, inclination
direction (part of speech: noun)
- Therefore let your whole life flow out in a trend with the Bible, until it wears a channel in holiness and Christian character. - "How to Live a Holy Life", C. E. Orr.
- It is true the furrows and scratches of this polished surface run mainly from east to west; but there are some crossing the main trend, at angles ranging from 20 to 30 degrees, and running south- east- north- west. - "Louis Agassiz: His Life and Correspondence", Louis Agassiz.
- These examples of legislation are not intended to be exhaustive, but will serve to give the reader a general Idea of the trend of popular law- making in this important matter. - "Popular Law-making", Frederic Jesup Stimson.