Definition of triangle:
- A draughtsman's square in the form of a right- angled triangle.
- A figure bounded by three lines, and containing three angles.
- A kind of frame formed of three poles stuck in the ground and united at the top, to which soldiers were bound when undergoing corporal punishment, - now disused.
- A small constellation near the South Pole, containing three bright stars.
- A small constellation situated between Aries and Andromeda.
- An instrument of percussion, usually made of a rod of steel, bent into the form of a triangle, open at one angle, and sounded by being struck with a small metallic rod.
quartet, protractor, obtuse-angled, brace, diamond, triplicity, quintet, dividers, ruler, right-angled, compasses, slide rule, chevron, scalene, flare, four, score, cross, trilateral, set square, acute-angled love, pairing, couple, cuboid, plumb line, theodolite, isosceles, duo, trigon, T-square, pair, fractal, foursome.
geometric figure (part of speech: noun)
- right-angle triangle,
- equilateral triangle,
- scalene triangle,
- isosceles triangle,
- three (part of speech: noun)
- musical instruments (part of speech: noun)
- "The Chase of the Golden Plate", Jacques Futrelle.
As his fingers closed on the haft, and before anyone could guess his intention, Tharn drew back his arm and drove the triangle of flint into the man's throat, changing a scream of terror into a gasping whisper.- "Warrior of the Dawn", Howard Carleton Browne.
Lieutenant Partello states that when he hunted in the great triangle bounded by the three rivers, Missouri, Musselshell, and Yellowstone, it contained, to the best of his knowledge and belief, two hundred and fifty thousand buffaloes.- "The Extermination of the American Bison", William T. Hornaday.