Definition of trifle :
1. A dish composed of sweetmeats, fruits, cake, wine, etc., with syllabub poured over it.
2. A thing of very little value or importance; a paltry, or trivial, affair.
3. To act or talk without seriousness, gravity, weight, or dignity; to act or talk with levity; to indulge in light or trivial amusements.
4. To make of no importance; to treat as a trifle.
5. To spend in vanity; to fritter away; to waste; as, to trifle away money.
spend a penny, dram, mite, pee-pee, scruple, knickknack, wanton away, gimcrack, coquette, pee, bet, meet, piddle, piece, grain, chat up, bibelot, relieve oneself, shred, pettiness, work, puniness, bring, nothing, wager, important, whit, surface, take on, spot, drop, small potatoes, play, speck, wee-wee, bauble, wanton, dally, butterfly, novelty, frippery, trifle away, puddle, wee, particle, luxuriate, iota, trivia, toy, gewgaw, fiddle-faddle, nonsense, frivol, pass water, recreate, philander, technicality, small change, take a leak, mash, wreak, make, playact, make water, slightness, minim, minutia, trinket, micturate, tittle, crumb, roleplay, urinate, spiel, froth, dash, diddle, small beer, ounce, fragment, flirt, coquet, frivolity, scrap, dawdle, dot, fraction, smidgen, whatnot, piss, act as, jot, represent, make for, big, piddle away, run, insignificance, thing, molecule, romance, bit, fiddle, encounter, ort, modicum, act, dab
trifle (part of speech: noun)