Definition of trifle:
- A dish composed of sweetmeats, fruits, cake, wine, etc., with syllabub poured over it.
- A thing of very little value or importance; a paltry, or trivial, affair.
- To act or talk without seriousness, gravity, weight, or dignity; to act or talk with levity; to indulge in light or trivial amusements.
- To make of no importance; to treat as a trifle.
- To spend in vanity; to fritter away; to waste; as, to trifle away money.
spiel, wanton away, shred, act, whit, coquette, relieve oneself, diddle, fiddle-faddle, whatnot, piddle, frippery, modicum, tittle, take on, frivol, roleplay, piss, pettiness, bibelot, crumb, nothing, small change, represent, pass water, trifle away, trinket, gimcrack, small beer, piece, big, small potatoes, wanton, iota, mash, mite, nonsense, wee, encounter, chat up, urinate, meet, bauble, work, butterfly, ounce, frivolity, dot, particle, pee-pee, playact, wreak, speck, grain, dally, act as, luxuriate, drop, scrap, romance, make for, fragment, thing, wager, spend a penny, make water, novelty, smidgen, dram, scruple, gewgaw, bring, wee-wee, take a leak, jot, dash, recreate, puniness, bet, ort, technicality, fiddle, coquet, triviality, froth, run, bit, play, important, dab, pee, toy, micturate, make, slightness, dawdle, insignificance, molecule, spot, flirt, minutia, piddle away, trivia, fraction, knickknack, surface, minim, puddle, philander.