Definition of trigonometry :
1. A treatise in this science.
2. That branch of mathematics which treats of the relations of the sides and angles of triangles, which the methods of deducing from certain given parts other required parts, and also of the general relations which exist between the trigonometrical functions of arcs or angles.
mathematics (part of speech: noun)
fraction, algorithm, index, differential calculus, dividend, radix, multiplier, multiple, reciprocal, algebra, subtrahend, arithmetic, denominator, quotient, coefficient, root, cube, integral, power, antilogarithm, logarithm, calculus, multiplicator, divisor, square root, formula, geometry, exponent, quadratics, factor, multiplicand, cube root, minuend, numerator, modulus, increment
- He browsed along like a novice trying to understand trigonometry. - "Whispering Wires", Henry Leverage.
- In June and August my Trigonometry was printing. - "Autobiography of Sir George Biddell Airy", George Biddell Airy.
- Then he opened his trigonometry and studied furiously until chapel- time. - "The Adventures of a Freshman", Jesse Lynch Williams.