Definition of triplet :
1. A collection or combination of three of a kind; three united.
2. A group of three notes sung or played in the tree of two.
3. Three children or offspring born at one birth.
4. Three verses rhyming together.
three (part of speech: noun)
- In a volume of miscellaneous poems I met with one, written with the patriotic purpose of cheering the country under it; one triplet struck me as rather alarming for us, however soothing to America. - "Domestic Manners of the Americans", Fanny Trollope.
- Mrs. Triplet groaned aloud. - "Peg Woffington", Charles Reade.
- " Mrs. Woffington," said Mr. Triplet to his wife. - "Peg Woffington", Charles Reade.