Definition of true :
1. Actual; not counterfeit, adulterated, or pretended; genuine; pure; real; as, true balsam; true love of country; a true Christian.
2. Conformable to fact; in accordance with the actual state of things; correct; not false, erroneous, inaccurate, or the like; as, a true relation or narration; a true history; a declaration is true when it states the facts.
3. Genuine; real; not deviating from the essential characters of a class; as, a lizard is a true reptile; a whale is a true, but not a typical, mammal.
4. In accordance with truth; truly.
5. Right to precision; conformable to a rule or pattern; exact; accurate; as, a true copy; a true likeness of the original.
6. Steady in adhering to friends, to promises, to a prince, or the like; unwavering; faithful; loyal; not false, fickle, or perfidious; as, a true friend; a wife true to her husband; an officer true to his charge.
original, square, exact, current, natural, come about, valid, happen, unbent, authoritative, trustworthy, full-strength, Allegiant, confessedly, true up, accepted, precise, unmannered, realistic, uncoiled, truthful, incorruptible, accredited, neat, convincing, straightforward, rightful, liege, rigorous, lawful, continue, dependable, plumb, professedly, credible, upright, unquestionable, avowedly, consecutive, dead on target, true-life, develop, veridical, heartfelt, indubitable, authorized, undoubted, lifelike, trust, be actualized, straight, received, unaffected, unfeigned, fast, admittedly, bona fide, on-key, straight-shooting, unbowed, sure, naturalistic, legitimate
resolute (part of speech: adjective)
implacable, unwavering, valiant, decided, indomitable, steadfast, dauntless, decisive, unflinching, strong-willed, willing, resolute, dogged, tenacious, resolved, hearty, staunch, unchangeable, iron-willed, constant, tough, plucky, insistent, unyielding, unshakeable, bold, devoted, loyal, steely, stern, relentless, diligent, steady, indefatigable, courageous, persistent, determined, stubborn, committed, tireless, bullheaded, ruthless, uncompromising, spunky, reliable, faithful, firm, deliberate, zealous, serious, unbending, thorough, headstrong, earnest, intent, inexorable, dedicated, strong-minded, set, persevering, fearless
respectable (part of speech: adjective)
honorable, untarnished, creditable, moral, law-abiding, saintly, good, estimable, righteous, angelical, respectable, noble, pure, blameless, worthy, upstanding, right-minded, virtuous, principled, forthright, fair, unimpeachable, irreproachable
real (part of speech: adjective)
tenacious (part of speech: adjective)
veracious (part of speech: adjective)
true (part of speech: adjective)