Definition of trump:
- A good fellow; an excellent person.
- A wind instrument of music; a trumpet, or sound of a trumpet; - used chiefly in Scripture and poetry.
- A winning card; one of a particular suit ( usually determined by chance for each deal) any card of which takes any card of the other suits.
- An old game with cards, nearly the same as whist; - called also ruff.
- To blow a trumpet.
- To impose unfairly; to palm off.
- To play a trump card upon; to take with a trump card; as, she trumped the first trick.
- To play a trump card when one of another suit has been led.
- To trick, or impose on; to deceive.
ace, card, diamond, cornet, jack, outmatch, scoop up, smash a record, face card, call, automobile horn, excel, scoop, nail, trump card, ruff, motor horn, upstage, go around, outgo, horn, shine, lift out, perform, ace in the hole, trumpet, outperform, house of cards, deuce, shuffle, outdo, help, outstrip, lead, see, cap, car horn, scoop out, distinguish yourself, make history, raise, exceed, club, heart, take up, trump out, pass, cut, outflank, best, surpass, saddle horn, bid, deck, deal, hooter, clincher, draw.