Definition of ultimate:
- Farthest; most remote in space or time; extreme; last; final.
- Incapable of further analysis; incapable of further division or separation; constituent; elemental; as, an ultimate constituent of matter.
- Last in a train of progression or consequences; tended toward by all that precedes; arrived at, as the last result; final.
- To come or bring into use or practice.
- To come or bring to an end; to eventuate; to end.
uttermost, outmost, farthest, furthermost, basic, eventual, farthermost, underlying, start, limited, ne plus ultra, highest, supreme, essential, transcendent, last, maximum, top, crowning, maximal, outside, high, big, unsurpassable, last-ditch, utmost, edge, topmost, primitive, terminal, simple, elemental, net, better, latter, elementary, outermost, fundamental, surface, extreme, final, furthest.
- "Left End Edwards", Ralph Henry Barbour.
- "The Complete Essays of C. D. Warner", Charles Dudley Warner.
- "A Singer from the Sea", Amelia Edith Huddleston Barr.