Definition of umbilicus:
- A depression or opening in the center of the base of many spiral shells.
- A point of a surface at which the curvatures of the normal sections are all equal to each other. A sphere may be osculatory to the surface in every direction at an umbilicus. Called also umbilic.
- An ornamented or painted ball or boss fastened at each end of the stick on which manuscripts were rolled.
- Either one of the two apertures in the calamus of a feather.
- One of foci of an ellipse, or other curve.
- The depression, or mark, in the median line of the abdomen, which indicates the point where the umbilical cord separated from the fetus; the navel.
- The hilum.
- "Special Report on Diseases of Cattle", U.S. Department of Agriculture J.R. Mohler.
Mongery's sponsor for that time was Atomflame Heaters, and Atomflame was a subsidiary of Canada Northwest Fissionables, and Canada Northwest was umbilicus- deep in that Kettle River lease graft that Pelton had sworn to get investigated as soon as he took office.- "Null-ABC", Henry Beam Piper and John Joseph McGuire.
- "The Mother and Her Child", William S. Sadler Lena K. Sadler.