Definition of uncertain:
brief, continue, inconstant, provisional, short-lived, ill at ease, chatoyant, mootable, contested, obscure, unknown, contingent, personal, changeful, alterable, bewildered, indefinite, doubtful, temporary, inhibited, freakish, diffident, honest, hesitant, dubitable, change, ticklish, incertain, undetermined, timid, unpredictable, unsure of yourself, strange, hidden, unsure, fantastical, conjectural, mercurial, ambivalent, variable, unsafe, improbable, suppositional, unclear, various, theoretical, borderline, possible, sceptical, floating, perplexing, short-term, unsteady, skittish, flickery, problematic, up in the air, questioning, suspect, clear, enigmatic, certain, lost, groping, changeable, anonymous, temperamental, mutable, secret, nebulous, private, fluid, hinky, unsealed, unsettled, fluky, unreliable, trustless, transient, unstable, enigmatical, mistrustful, dubious, fantastic, indeterminate, open, inexplicit, flukey, fluctuating, indistinct, suspicious, shady, problematical, retiring, suppositious, whimsical, hypothetical, passing, chancy, ambiguous, shot, insecure, fleeting, iffy, undependable, cloudy, clouded, distrustful, exceptionable, iridescent, variant, inclined to think/believe/agree etc., unlikely, casual, fishy.
- circumstantial (part of speech: adjective)
- disbelieving (part of speech: adjective)
- chancy (part of speech: adjective)
- equivocal (part of speech: adjective)
- uncertain (part of speech: adjective)
irresolute (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Sins of SÚverac Bablon", Sax Rohmer.
- "The White Peacock", D. H. (David Herbert) Lawrence.
- "The Sign of the Spider", Bertram Mitford.