Definition of unconscious :
1. Having no knowledge by experience; - followed by of; as, a mule unconscious of the yoke.
2. Not conscious; having no consciousness or power of mental perception; without cerebral appreciation; hence, not knowing or regarding; ignorant; as, an unconscious man.
3. Not known or apprehended by consciousness; as, an unconscious cerebration.
spontaneous, motionless, semicomatose, impromptu, ego, unaware, asleep, unwitting, nescient, analysis, subconscious, conscious, deep-seated, paralyzed, affective, acutely, stupefied, torpid, instinctive, collective unconscious, palsied, casual, bitter, deep, nonconscious, unenlightened, kayoed, basic, inert, lethargic, clueless, knowledge, drowsy, raving, accidental, consciousness, out for the count, knocked out, fast asleep, aversion therapy, insensate, couch, unfamiliar, awareness, by accident, KO'd, stunned, random, out, under, analyst, unconscious mind, semiconscious, involuntary, inanimate, sound asleep, vivacious, blind, arbitrary, unacquainted, free association, depth, analyse, unintended, burning, analyze, benumbed, cold, innocent, out cold, coincidental
inattentive (part of speech: adjective)
dreamy, preoccupied, napping, heedless, absent, negligent, inadvertent, faraway, disinterested, detached, uninterested, unconcerned, oblivious, wandering, aloof, disregardful, ignoring, distracted, thoughtless, unmindful, unheedful, befuddled, absent-minded, inattentive
unaware (part of speech: adjective)
senseless (part of speech: adjective)
- So they showed him up to the brightly- lighted library, and sent a message to the unconscious Abbie. - "Ester Ried", Pansy (aka. Isabella M. Alden).
- But she seemed to be unconscious of it, for she took no notice of those who watched her, but instead turned her face to the justices, as if she would read their thoughts. - "The Coming of the King", James Hocking.
- He's been knocked unconscious in some way. - "The Boy Allies Under the Sea", Robert L. Drake.