Definition of uncover:
- To divest of the hat or cap; to bare the head of; as, to uncover one's head; to uncover one's self.
- To remove the covers from dishes, or the like.
- To show openly; to disclose; to reveal.
- To take off the hat or cap; to bare the head in token of respect.
- To take the cover from; to divest of covering; as, to uncover a box, bed, house, or the like; to uncover one's body.
scupper, let on, produce, peril, betray, uncork, dig, let out, lay open, set off, lift the lid, unearth, unveil, blab, put on, put out, pry open, issue, tell, disrobe, dig up, divest, get out, strip, unclose, open, publish, debunk, endanger, tap, introduce, break, bring out, give away, expose, turn up, unclothe, denude, fish up, unstopper, reveal, release, spill, bring on, unscrew.
- demonstrate (part of speech: verb)
- uncover (part of speech: verb)
- reveal (part of speech: verb)
- "Life And Adventures Of Peter Wilkins, Vol. I. (of II.)", Robert Paltock Commentator: A. H. Bullen.
- "Napoleon's Young Neighbor", Helen Leah Reed.
- "Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens", Albert Bigelow Paine Last Updated: February 20, 2009.