Definition of undermine:
- Fig.: To remove the foundation or support of by clandestine means; to ruin in an underhand way; as, to undermine reputation; to undermine the constitution of the state.
- To excavate the earth beneath, or the part of, especially for the purpose of causing to fall or be overthrown; to form a mine under; to sap; as, to undermine a wall.
demoralize, enervate, misdirect, countervail, overthrow, unnerve, dig out, attack, subvert, strong, soften, demoralise, debilitate, dampen, counterbalance, de-escalate, undo, spelunk, dig, tunnel, attenuate, countermine, corrupt, pervert, deprave, debauch, devitalize, break, antagonise, antagonize, profane, bring down, weaken, counteract, sabotage, step down, debase, overturn, countercheck, cave, damp.
- disable (part of speech: verb)
- enfeeble (part of speech: verb)
- "Aurora the Magnificent", Gertrude Hall.
- "Tacitus: The Histories, Volumes I and II", Caius Cornelius Tacitus.
- "The Russian Revolution; The Jugo-Slav Movement", Alexander Petrunkevitch, Samuel Northrup Harper, Frank Alfred Golder, Robert Joseph Kerner.