Definition of unemployed:
sluggish, on the shelf, on the dole, without gainful employment, in the bread lines, dismissed, at liberty, work, receiving charity, used, idle, vacant, out of work, discharged, indolent, unused, trifling, pink-slipped, at leisure, unemployed people, slothful, inert, fired, jobless, workless, laid-off, between jobs, lazy, loafing.
- inactive (part of speech: adjective)
- leisurely (part of speech: adjective)
- "Women of Early Christianity Woman: In all ages and in all countries, Vol. 3 (of 10)", Alfred Brittain Mitchell Carroll.
- "Anarchism and Other Essays", Emma Goldman.
- "The Breaking Point", Mary Roberts Rinehart.