Definition of uniformity:
- Conformity to a pattern or rule; resemblance, consonance, or agreement; as, the uniformity of different churches in ceremonies or rites.
- Consistency; sameness; as, the uniformity of a man's opinions.
- Continued or unvaried sameness or likeness.
- Similitude between the parts of a whole; as, the uniformity of sides in a regular figure; beauty is said to consist in uniformity with variety.
- The quality or state of being uniform; freedom from variation or difference; resemblance to itself at all times; sameness of action, effect, etc., under like conditions; even tenor; as, the uniformity of design in a poem; the uniformity of nature.
consent, accord, union, parallelism, correspondence, comparison, amity, analogy, resemblance, agreement, accordance, unanimity, similarity, congruity, similitude, unity, same, uniformness, concord, concurrence, unison, affinity.
- order (part of speech: noun)
- uniformity (part of speech: noun)
- symmetry (part of speech: noun)
- "The Complete Essays of C. D. Warner", Charles Dudley Warner.
- "The First Seventeen Years: Virginia 1607-1624", Charles E. Hatch.
It was directed against Popery and Prelacy, and every other species of error; it engaged the nations to endeavour to attain to uniformity in religion; it recognised the duty of obeying civil rulers in the Lord; and it was sworn by men of various communities, but by them as all of one reformed religion.- "The Ordinance of Covenanting", John Cunningham.