Definition of untimely :
1. Not timely; done or happening at an unnatural, unusual, or improper time; unseasonable; premature; inopportune; as, untimely frosts; untimely remarks; an untimely death.
2. Out of the natural or usual time; inopportunely; prematurely; unseasonably.
anachronistic, unlucky, usual, faulty, out-of-date, amiss, badly calculated, unfavorable, unpromising, badly timed, un, unsuited to the occasion, intrusive, disagreeable, too early, incorrect, ill-chosen, malapropos, wrong, unpropitious, awry, abortive, haywire, mly, unfortunate, prematurely, time, improper, unseasonable, ill timed, precocious, too late, previous
inexpedient (part of speech: adjective)
early (part of speech: adjective)
inopportune (part of speech: adjective)
late (part of speech: adjective)
untimely (part of speech: adjective)
- By untimely concealments may my peace be forfeited forever. - "Jane Talbot", Charles Brockden Brown.
- It did not pay with this fellow Dollar; at least, it had not paid on that occasion; but anybody might be at a disadvantage after a heavy political strain, a lengthy journey, an excellent dinner, and a development as untimely as it was embarrassing. - "The Crime Doctor", Ernest William Hornung.
- After the untimely death of his commander, Pizarro attached himself to the fortunes of Pedrarias, and was employed by that governor in several military expeditions, which, if they afforded nothing else, gave him the requisite training for the perils and privations that lay in the path of the future Conqueror of Peru. - "History-of-the-Conquest-of-Peru-with-a-preliminary-view-of-the-civilization-of-the-Incas", Prescott, William Hickling.