Definition of upland:
- High land; ground elevated above the meadows and intervals which lie on the banks of rivers, near the sea, or between hills; land which is generally dry; - opposed to lowland, meadow, marsh, swamp, interval, and the like.
- Of or pertaining to uplands; being on upland; high in situation; as, upland inhabitants; upland pasturage.
- Pertaining to the country, as distinguished from the neighborhood of towns; rustic; rude; unpolished.
- The country, as distinguished from the neighborhood of towns.
hilltop, bluff, foothills, rolling, rise, fell, ridge, eminence, mound, gently, butte, alpestrine, subalpine, barrow, moor, alpine, gradual, height, downs, graded, cliff, gentle, hogback, peak, highland, hill, plateau, high ground, crest, prominence, mountainous, dune, mountain, hilly, hump, altitude, ascent, craggy, elevation, mesa, highlands, summit.
- "Anne Of The Island", Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- "Success With Small Fruits", E. P. Roe.
- "Hugh Wynne, Free Quaker", S. Weir Mitchell.