Definition of upper :
1. Being further up, literally or figuratively; higher in place, position, rank, dignity, or the like; superior; as, the upper lip; the upper side of a thing; the upper house of a legislature.
2. The upper leather for a shoe; a vamp.
top (part of speech: adjective)
- " But there is a door," I said, pointing to the upper end of the apartment. - "Mr. Marx's Secret", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- It was the end of May before David began to move about his upper room. - "The Breaking Point", Mary Roberts Rinehart.
- Some one crossed the room above us and went quietly down the upper hall toward the rear of the house. - "The Professor's Mystery", Wells Hastings Brian Hooker.