Definition of utmost :
1. Being in the greatest or highest degree, quantity, number, or the like; greatest; as, the utmost assiduity; the utmost harmony; the utmost misery or happiness.
2. Situated at the farthest point or extremity; farthest out; most distant; extreme; as, the utmost limits of the land; the utmost extent of human knowledge.
3. The most that can be; the farthest limit; the greatest power, degree, or effort; as, he has done his utmost; try your utmost.
point, as far as possible, consummation, expiration, to the fullest, issue, full, tip, upper limit, unconditional, achievement, intense, limited, limit, transcendent, top, chief, intent, as soon/quickly/much etc. as possible, sheer, outside, outmost, in full measure, goal, consequence, simply, furthest, unlimited, finish, lowest, effect, ultimate, exhaustive, entire, purpose, plenary, finis, big, unsparing, thoroughgoing, bound, end, undivided, uttermost, wide, unqualified, high, highest, result, terminus, unstinted, far, design, concluding, outcome, unmitigated, total, fulfilment, final, completion, accomplishment, termination, extent, last, unsurpassable, level best, absolute, outermost, conclusion, farthest, farthermost, most, maximal, topmost, finale, period, (up) to the hilt, whole, close, terminal, cessation, furthermost, last-place, ne plus ultra, unreserved, thorough, extremity, to the max, supreme, better, complete, net, boundary
limiting (part of speech: adjective)
- Charter, believing that Reifferscheid had done the work, wrote with utmost freedom. - "She Buildeth Her House", Will Comfort.
- Too often, after he has done his utmost, the surface is less attractive to the eye than it was at the beginning. - "The Booklover and His Books", Harry Lyman Koopman.
- Now Matilda knew that she was taking the utmost pains possible. - "Opportunities", Susan Warner.