Definition of utopian :
1. An inhabitant of Utopia; hence, one who believes in the perfectibility of human society; a visionary; an idealist; an optimist.
2. Of or pertaining to Utopia; resembling Utopia; hence, ideal; chimerical; fanciful; founded upon, or involving, imaginary perfections; as, projects; happiness.
nonconformist, starry-eyed, ideal, dreamer, impractical, metaphysical, central, real, airy, ideological, idealistic, popular, romantic, orthodox, quixotic, unrealistic, conceptual, idealist, hope, deterministic, theoretical, visionary, abstract, perfect, ability
promising (part of speech: adjective)
- But there was still a third class who visited the German theatre, not in derision, not from curiosity, not from a desire to imitate the nobles in their amusements, but with the seemingly Utopian hope of building up the German drama. - "Berlin and Sans-Souci", Louise Muhlbach.
- I told him that his ideas were Utopian, but he says they have succeeded even better than he expected they would. - "Around the World with Josiah Allen's Wife", Marietta Holley.
- Yes, doubtless, if their misfortunes arise from an imprudent and unduly hazardous spirit, a heedless, quarrelsome, mischief- making, Utopian or clouded mind. - "The Buried Temple", Maurice Maeterlinck.