Definition of vacation:
- Intermission of a stated employment, procedure, or office; a period of intermission; rest; leisure.
- Intermission of judicial proceedings; the space of time between the end of one term and the beginning of the next; nonterm; recess.
- The act of vacating; a making void or of no force; as, the vacation of an office or a charter.
- The intermission of the regular studies and exercises of an educational institution between terms; holidays; as, the spring vacation.
- The time when an office is vacant; esp. ( Eccl.), the time when a see, or other spiritual dignity, is vacant.
activity holiday, activity vacation, half term, excursion, escape, honeymoon, hols, work, get away, midterm break, summer holiday, get off, camp, midterm, go away, getaway, spring break, adventure travel, weekend, long vacation, open house, semester, start back, grade, break, leave, recess.
- abandonment (part of speech: noun)
- relinquishment (part of speech: noun)
- repose (part of speech: noun)
- departures (part of speech: noun)