Definition of valid:
- Having legal strength or force; executed with the proper formalities; incapable of being rightfully overthrown or set aside; as, a valid deed; a valid covenant; a valid instrument of any kind; a valid claim or title; a valid marriage.
- Having sufficient strength or force; founded in truth; capable of being justified, defended, or supported; not weak or defective; sound; good; efficacious; as, a valid argument; a valid objection.
- Strong; powerful; efficient.
trustworthy, substantial, authoritative, good, credible, erring, fictitious, wrong, true, authoritative, sound, ultimate, efficient, just, actual, original, telling, authentic, cogent, tight, false, well-founded, legal, determinative, counterfeit, legitimate, faithful, stringent, strong, pure, convincing, uncorrupted, unexpired, reasoned, adequate, binding, authentic, logical, potent, persuasive, well-grounded, confirmed, solid, proved, real, credible, efficacious, validated, trustworthy, true, tested, factual, reason, conclusive.
- "The Eustace Diamonds", Anthony Trollope.
- "The Living Link", James De Mille.
- "Landmarks in the History of Early Christianity", Kirsopp Lake.