Definition of vandal:
- Alt. of Vandalic
- Hence, one who willfully destroys or defaces any work of art or literature.
- One of a Teutonic race, formerly dwelling on the south shore of the Baltic, the most barbarous and fierce of the northern nations that plundered Rome in the 5th century, notorious for destroying the monuments of art and literature.
- "Complete Story of the San Francisco Horror", Richard Linthicum Trumbull White Samuel Fallows.
- "The Scarlet Banner", Felix Dahn.
- "The Orpheus C. Kerr Papers. Series 1", Robert H. Newell.