Definition of vapor:
- A medicinal agent designed for administration in the form of inhaled vapor.
- An old name for hypochondria, or melancholy; the blues.
- Any substance in the gaseous, or aeriform, state, the condition of which is ordinarily that of a liquid or solid.
- In a loose and popular sense, any visible diffused substance floating in the atmosphere and impairing its transparency, as smoke, fog, etc.
- Something unsubstantial, fleeting, or transitory; unreal fancy; vain imagination; idle talk; boasting.
- To emit vapor or fumes.
- To pass off in fumes, or as a moist, floating substance, whether visible or invisible, to steam; to be exhaled; to evaporate.
- To send off in vapor, or as if in vapor; as, to vapor away a heated fluid.
- To talk idly; to boast or vaunt; to brag.
- Wind; flatulence.
smoke, steam, dehydration, drying up, fog, desiccation, smog, exhalation, breath, vaporisation, condensation, vaporization, vapour, evaporation.
cloud (part of speech: noun)
- storm cloud,
- rain cloud,
gas (part of speech: noun)
- natural gas,
- laughing gas,
- carbon monoxide,
- nerve gas,
- carbon dioxide,
- tear gas,
- mustard gas,