Definition of vegetation :
1. An exuberant morbid outgrowth upon any part, especially upon the valves of the heart.
2. The act or process of vegetating, or growing as a plant does; vegetable growth.
3. The sum of vegetable life; vegetables or plants in general; as, luxuriant vegetation.
flora (part of speech: noun)
vegetation (part of speech: noun)
- Occasionally they seemed to be following obscure paths, but as often there was no sign of a track, and the thick, tropical vegetation made progress difficult. - "Captain Jinks, Hero", Ernest Crosby.
- The vegetation forms were like nothing the earth could show. - "Giants on the Earth", Sterner St. Paul Meek.
- From it, out upon a tangled patch of vegetation, shone a dull red light! - "The Quest of the Sacred Slipper", Sax Rohmer.