Definition of veiled:
gilt, skirt, foamy, convey, grass, obliqueness, gilded, frothy, mince (your) words, armor-plated, imply, evade, hedge, cobbled, indistinct, covered, intimate, disguised, get at, gift-wrapped, furry, parry, gold-plated.
- semitransparent (part of speech: adjective)
- latent (part of speech: adjective)
- shaded (part of speech: verb)
- shady (part of speech: adjective)
- covered (part of speech: verb)
As the story- teller left the inner chamber a message of understanding, veiled from those who stood around, had passed between their eyes, and so complete was the sympathy that now directed them that without a spoken word their plans were understood.- "Kai Lung's Golden Hours", Ernest Bramah Commentator: Hilaire Belloc.
- "Mae Madden", Mary Murdoch Mason.
- "The Dynasts An Epic-Drama Of The War With Napoleon, In Three Parts, Nineteen Acts, And One Hundred And Thirty Scenes", Thomas Hardy.