Definition of veneration:
- The act of venerating, or the state of being venerated; the highest degree of respect and reverence; respect mingled with awe; a feeling or sentimental excited by the dignity, wisdom, or superiority of a person, by sacredness of character, by consecration to sacred services, or by hallowed associations.
- oldness (part of speech: noun)
- worship (part of speech: noun)
- respect (part of speech: noun)
There was a truer affinity of nature between Lucretius and another philosopher whom he names with the warmest feelings of love and veneration- Empedocles of Agrigentum- the most famous of the early physiological poets of Greece.- "The Roman Poets of the Republic", W. Y. Sellar.
Here- though there are no exciting historical associations and none of the veneration which one has for the very old cities and towns abroad- it is impossible not to remember how many people have walked the streets and lived in the houses.- "Deephaven and Selected Stories & Sketches", Sarah Orne Jewett.
- "The Panchronicon", Harold Steele Mackaye.