Definition of venomous :
1. Full of venom; noxious to animal life; poisonous; as, the bite of a serpent may be venomous.
2. Having a poison gland or glands for the secretion of venom, as certain serpents and insects.
3. Noxious; mischievous; malignant; spiteful; as, a venomous progeny; a venomous writer.
hard, monstrous, androgynous, condemnable, asexual, mortal, roughshod, caustic, anthropoid, caged, barbarous, acerb, unpleasant, acid, vitriolic, toxic, fell, deadly, cruel, lethal, deplorable, blistering, envenomed, acrid, inhuman, awful, pernicious, articulate, amphibious, black, sulfurous, arboreal, pestilent, mephitical, bitchy, despiteful, brutal, reprehensible, malign, acerbic, attitude, criminal, uncharitable, aquatic, toxicant, destructive, poison, captive, sulphurous, poisonous, savage, poisoned, best-of-breed, unkind, help, deathly, pitiless, mephitic
malevolent (part of speech: adjective)
black-hearted, ill-natured, hurtful, malicious, hateful, spiteful, evil, malignant, malevolent, perfidious, treacherous, corrosive, virulent, sinister, antagonistic, nasty, catty, wicked, rancorous, churlish, bitter, baleful, sullen, vicious, mean, vindictive, foul, baneful, hostile
- Instead of attempting to escape with its prize, the rattle- snake, though it could not use its venomous fangs, which would have given it an advantage over its opponent, whose teeth were unprovided with a poison- bag, advanced to the encounter. - "With Axe and Rifle", W.H.G. Kingston.
- The rivers near Escribanos were well stocked with crocodiles, the sea had its fair share of sharks, while on land you too often met with snakes and other venomous reptiles. - "Wonderful Adventures of Mrs. Seacole in Many Lands", Mary Seacole Commentator: W. H. Russell.
- She faced him, and he suspected the venomous glance darted at him through her veil. - "The Sea-Hawk", Raphael Sabatini.