Definition of vent :
1. A baiting place; an inn.
2. A small aperture; a hole or passage for air or any fluid to escape; as, the vent of a cask; the vent of a mold; a volcanic vent.
3. Emission; escape; passage to notice or expression; publication; utterance.
4. Fig.: Opportunity of escape or passage from confinement or privacy; outlet.
5. Sale; opportunity to sell; market.
6. Sectional area of the passage for gases divided by the length of the same passage in feet.
7. The anal opening of certain invertebrates and fishes; also, the external cloacal opening of reptiles, birds, amphibians, and many fishes.
8. The opening at the breech of a firearm, through which fire is communicated to the powder of the charge; touchhole.
9. To furnish with a vent; to make a vent in; as, to vent. a mold.
10. To let out at a vent, or small aperture; to give passage or outlet to.
11. To scent, as a hound.
12. To sell; to vend.
13. To snuff; to breathe or puff out; to snort.
14. To suffer to escape from confinement; to let out; to utter; to pour forth; as, to vent passion or complaint.
15. To utter; to report; to publish.
unleash, broadcast, abyss, lava, evolve, sacking, sales outlet, throw off, words, gizzard, collar, transmit, give vent to, spillage, flare, crack, hole, cockscomb, crater, wall socket, publicize, expiration, electrical outlet, press release, mercantile establishment, blow up, electric outlet, retail store, cast, sack, publicise, shoot, beam, expire, orifice, freeing, put, dismission, extinct, dismissal, give, vent faucet, liberation, radiate, have/throw a fit, vent-hole, move, venting hole, loose, state, breast, say, touchhole, fume, firing, show, give forth, venthole, care label, exhale, bodice, buttonhole, look, arm, sound, bill, molding, beak, emanate, air out, bib, let out, cranny, expel, talk, bare, feather, channel, ventilate, irradiate, down, acquittance, chink, volcanic, volcano, waiver, aerate, tone ending, utter, expound, active, communicate, liquid-vent, electric receptacle, give out, button, give vent, verbalize, send, crest, way out, armhole, articulate, give off, coattails, dormant, vocalize, declare, breast pocket, handout, passing, voice, throw out, mouth, free, let rip, aperture, open, comb, seethe, air, loss, convey, wall plug, send forth, let off, smoke hole, cavity, express, opening, let off/blow off steam, tell, raise, going, ventiduct, spill, cleft, storm
air pipe (part of speech: noun)
reject (part of speech: verb)
discard, oppugn, clip, disclaim, shed, blacklist, vomit, curtail, ejaculate, eject, shear, discharge, abandon, secrete, exclude, cut, exude, chop, check, emit, cull, jilt, blackball, excrete, reject, excise, disapprove, seep, crop, exhaust, lop, drain, belch, disgorge, erupt, scrap, deep-six, evacuate, jettison, trash, deny, spew, disallow, bar, junk, eliminate, snip
rid (part of speech: verb)
exit (part of speech: verb)
- I went to the kitchen, where he usually spent his evenings, to vent my feelings upon him, only to find him gone. - "The House of a Thousand Candles", Meredith Nicholson.
- I must first give vent to my anger, or it will choke me. - "NAPOLEON AND BLUCHER", L. Muhlbach.
- " I must thank you; I must give some vent to my emotions," cried Gordon. - "Kenelm Chillingly, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.