Definition of ventilation:
- The act of fanning, or winnowing, for the purpose of separating chaff and dust from the grain.
- The act of giving vent or expression.
- The act of refrigerating, or cooling; refrigeration; as, ventilation of the blood.
- The act of sifting, and bringing out to view or examination; free discussion; public exposure.
- The act of ventilating, or the state of being ventilated; the art or process of replacing foul air by that which is pure, in any inclosed place, as a house, a church, a mine, etc.; free exposure to air.
coolness, spreading, public discussion, breathing, airing, dissemination, discussion, cellular respiration, breeze, conference, ventilating system, words, rap, internal respiration, ventilation system, external respiration, respiration, public exposure.
- "Studies of American Fungi. Mushrooms, Edible, Poisonous, etc.", George Francis Atkinson.
- "Jess of the Rebel Trail", H. A. Cody.
- "Richard Dare's Venture", Edward Stratemeyer.