Definition of venture :
1. An event that is not, or can not be, foreseen; an accident; chance; hap; contingency; luck.
2. An undertaking of chance or danger; the risking of something upon an event which can not be foreseen with certainty; a hazard; a risk; a speculation.
3. The thing put to hazard; a stake; a risk; especially, something sent to sea in trade.
4. To confide in; to rely on; to trust.
5. To expose to hazard; to risk; to hazard; as, to venture one's person in a balloon.
6. To hazard one's self; to have the courage or presumption to do, undertake, or say something; to dare.
7. To make a venture; to run a hazard or risk; to take the chances.
8. To put or send on a venture or chance; as, to venture a horse to the West Indies.
surmise, experiment, course, leap in the dark, judge, head, operation, sham, supposition, endanger, profess, take a chance, test, if you want my advice/opinion, flow, estimate, trial, make, casualty, walk on, menace, gauge, move, impale, infer, press, in my humble opinion, potluck, threaten, investment, frankly, guess, throw, run a risk, go, suppose, progress, jeopardise, demonstration, take chances, fling, thing, imperil, feign, think, danger, gage, emprise, to my way of thinking, back, stake, accident, crack, hypothesis, dissemble, throw/cast caution to the wind(s), live dangerously, fortuity, pass, game, ship, perhaps, flutter, forge ahead, contingency, as/so far as I'm concerned, jeopardize, opine, pretend, post, punt, crapshoot, affect, to my mind, plunge, personally, bet on, carry on, peril, flier, surmisal, make believe, conjecture, safety, if you ask me, work, speculation, run the risk (of something), approximate, dare, reckon, imagine, meditation, jeopardy, embark, enter
business (part of speech: noun)
industry, merchant, assignment, selling, specialty, service, commerce, trade, corporation, situation, employment, labor, activity, position, calling, firm, holding, commission, negotiation, busy work, management, barter, career, affair, consortium, interest, business, partnership, posting, transaction, market, retailing, exchange, concern, practice, livelihood, company, proprietorship, station, occupation, profession, vocation, establishment
endeavor (part of speech: verb)
performance, aim, enterprise, perform, gambit, purpose, commitment, assay, engagement, volunteer, action, project, deed, effort, proceed, endeavor, proceeding, undertake, act, commit, production, contract, undertaking, adventure, job, essay, engage, exploit, attempt, approach, maneuver
venture (part of speech: verb)
chance (part of speech: verb)
- " Oh, if you are at all afraid to make the venture alone, I will go with you," said he. - "Prince Fortunatus", William Black.
- The venture was his up to the rise of the curtain. - "She Buildeth Her House", Will Comfort.
- Are you sure that they will venture?... - "The Eight Strokes of the Clock", Maurice Le Blanc.