Definition of verified:
- examined (part of speech: verb)
- experimented (part of speech: verb)
- ascertained (part of speech: verb)
affirmed (part of speech: verb)
- set down,
- proved (part of speech: verb)
- substantiated (part of speech: verb)
- "The Hidden Places", Bertrand W. Sinclair.
- "The Story of the Heavens", Robert Stawell Ball.
Toward evening my anticipation in this respect was verified, for upon ascending to the summit of our own peak on Eden, at the conclusion of our day's work, we saw that not only was the surface of Apes' Island an unbroken expanse of black, smoking ashes and charred tree- stumps, but that the fire had leaped Middle Channel, and practically the whole eastern side of West Island was a mass of flame.- "The Strange Adventures of Eric Blackburn", Harry Collingwood.