Definition of verify:
- To confirm or establish the authenticity of by examination or competent evidence; to authenciate; as, to verify a written statement; to verify an account, a pleading, or the like.
- To maintain; to affirm; to support.
- To make into a verb; to use as a verb; to verbalize.
- To prove to be true or correct; to establish the truth of; to confirm; to substantiate.
keep in line, imprecate, back, vagabond, curb, insist, see to it, master, hold, insure, asseverate, vouch for, put forward, avow, true, justify, settle, see, ramble, allege, tramp, ensure, evidence, assert, bank, vindicate, blaspheme, rely, aver, point to, drift, document, wander, hold in, moderate, show, depone, say, roam, affirm, control, argue, cast, bear out, operate, cuss, swan, rove, roll, curse, depose, make/prove your/a point, trust, contain, stray, swear, range, manipulate, command.
- ascertain (part of speech: verb)
- examine (part of speech: verb)
affirm (part of speech: verb)
- set down,
- experiment (part of speech: verb)
- substantiate (part of speech: verb)
- prove (part of speech: verb)
- "A System Of Logic, Ratiocinative And Inductive (Vol. 1 of 2)", John Stuart Mill.
- "The Grey Cloak", Harold MacGrath.
- "The Professor's Mystery", Wells Hastings Brian Hooker.