Definition of versatile:
- Capable of being turned round.
- Capable of turning; freely movable; as, a versatile anther, which is fixed at one point to the filament, and hence is very easily turned around; a versatile toe of a bird.
- Liable to be turned in opinion; changeable; variable; unsteady; inconstant; as versatile disposition.
- Turning with ease from one thing to another; readily applied to a new task, or to various subjects; many- sided; as, versatile genius; a versatile politician.
multifaceted, assorted, resourceful, flexible, same, multifaceted, several, many-sided, mobile, respective, diverse, ready, variable, ingenious, varied, all-around, skilled, various, all-round, gifted, ability, all-round.
changeable (part of speech: adjective)
utilizable (part of speech: adjective)
- at hand,
- skillful (part of speech: adjective)
Of the mysterious " Mr. Shei" little was known except that he was a versatile and very elusive criminal, with a penchant for deep scheming and spectacular tactics, and that so far the police had matched their wits against him in vain.
It was not merely with their host he was to remain, but to detain De Valence, and, opening at once the versatile powers of his abundant mind, his vivacity charmed the earl, while the magnificence of his views in policy corroborated to De Valence the idea that he was conversing with one whose birth had placed him beyond even the temptations of those ambitions which were at that moment subjecting his auditor's soul to every species of flattery, meanness, and, in fact, disloyalty.- "The Scottish Chiefs", Jane Porter.
- "Life's Minor Collisions", Frances Warner Gertrude Warner.