Definition of version:
- A change of form, direction, or the like; transformation; conversion; turning.
- A condition of the uterus in which its axis is deflected from its normal position without being bent upon itself. See Anteversion, and Retroversion.
- A translation; that which is rendered from another language; as, the Common, or Authorized, of the Scriptures ( see under Authorized); the Septuagint of the Old Testament.
- An account or description from a particular point of view, especially as contrasted with another account; as, he gave another version of the affair.
- The act of translating, or rendering, from one language into another language.
stochastic variable, history, fluctuation, characterization, picture, narration, meter reading, variance, variation, mirror image, recitation, match, random variable, magnetic variation, pas seul, echo, profile, Interlingual Rendition, interpreting, double, strain, sport, words, rendering, portrayal, magnetic declination, mutant, mutation, clone, performance, translation, variate, indication, discrepancy, statement, displacement, adjustment, report, chronicle, edition, parallel, copy, narrative, account, same, var., portrait, chance variable, variant, approximation, paraphrase, equivalent, carbon copy, recital, form, story, adaption, reading, adaptation, description, variety, tale, reading material, depiction, interpretation, transformation.
- "The Bent Twig", Dorothy Canfield.
Take any line you like, said Carrington, but as he knows now that you brought Miss Farmond back and have heard her version, he'll naturally be feeling a little uncomfortable about the place where one generally gets kicked, when he sees you march in.- "Simon", J. Storer Clouston.
- "The Canon of the Bible", Samuel Davidson.