Definition of vexed:
- Annoyed; harassed; troubled.
- causing irritation or annoyance; " tapping an annoying rhythm on his glass with his fork"; " aircraft noise is particularly bothersome near the airport"; " found it galling to have to ask permission"; " an irritating delay"; " nettlesome paperwork"; " a pesky mosquito"; " swarms of pestering gnats"; " a plaguey newfangled safety catch"; " a teasing and persistent thought annoyed him"; " a vexatious child"; " it is vexing to have to admit you are wrong"
- Much debated or contested; causing discussion; as, a vexed question.
- troubled persistently especially with petty annoyances; " harassed working mothers"; " a harried expression"; " her poor pestered father had to endure her constant interruptions"; " the vexed parents of an unruly teenager"
aggravated (part of speech: verb)
- resentful (part of speech: adjective)
- irritated (part of speech: verb)
- "The Letters of Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1 of 2)", Frederic G. Kenyon.
The store- ships from England continued to come in, and though Howe was vexed and at times alarmed by the loss of the valuable stores that fell into Washington's hands, on the whole he felt very strong.- "The Siege of Boston", Allen French.
- "The Nibelungenlied", Unknown.