Definition of victim:
- A living being sacrificed to some deity, or in the performance of a religious rite; a creature immolated, or made an offering of.
- A person or living creature destroyed by, or suffering grievous injury from, another, from fortune or from accident; as, the victim of a defaulter; the victim of a railroad accident.
- A person or thing destroyed or sacrificed in the pursuit of an object, or in gratification of a passion; as, a victim to jealousy, lust, or ambition.
- Hence, one who is duped, or cheated; a dupe; a gull.
wretch, hecatomb, mug, help, sap, sufferer, prey, pushover, lamb, hunted, pigeon, gull, tool, gudgeon, martyr, religion, sacrifice, fall guy, mark, scapegoat, hireling, wise, offering, immolation, casualty.
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "The Puppet Crown", Harold MacGrath.
- "Susan Clegg and Her Neighbors' Affairs", Anne Warner.