Definition of vigor:
sinew, pizzaz, brawniness, zilch, zip fastener, postal code, null, zippo, peppiness, weakness, slide fastener, zipper, get-up-and-go, cypher, punch, tired, vigorousness, oomph, impotence, action, postcode, brio, muscularity, life, intensity, vigour, push, esprit, nothing, nil, heartiness, ginger, virility, vim, dynamism, pertness, naught, free energy, cipher, dash, nada, LAN, energy, starch, wholeheartedness, zero, vivaciousness, nix, heftiness, goose egg, aught, urgency, manliness, pizzazz, sparkle, violence, bounce.
- energy (part of speech: noun)
- health (part of speech: noun)
- activity (part of speech: noun)
- power (part of speech: noun)
- vigor (part of speech: noun)
- strength (part of speech: noun)
- "The Gray Phantom's Return", Herman Landon.
The theory of those who hold that woman will yet be man's full equal in physical vigor necessarily implies, as you suggest, that she must probably once have been his actual equal, and calls for an explanation of the loss of that equality.- "Equality", Edward Bellamy.
- "Humanly Speaking", Samuel McChord Crothers.