Definition of vilification:
ill-treatment, smear, affront, cytosmear, insult, smudge, attack, maltreatment, traducement, slur, abuse, daub, spot, ill-usage, blot, calumniation, stain, crimes, law, contumely, character assassination, misuse, malignment, cytologic smear, smirch, revilement.
- disapproval (part of speech: noun)
- slander (part of speech: noun)
- malediction (part of speech: noun)
For myself, I have never had the least sympathy with a teaching that almost amounts to a vilification of the body, and which is at the basis of much that passes for religion, both Christian and pagan.- "Men in the Making", Ambrose Shepherd.
- "Minor Poems by Milton", John Milton.
- "Benjamin Franklin", John Torrey Morse, Jr..