Definition of violation:
- An act of irreverence or desecration; profanation or contemptuous treatment of sacred things; as, the violation of a church.
- Infringement; transgression; nonobservance; as, the violation of law or positive command, of covenants, promises, etc.
- Interruption, as of sleep or peace; disturbance.
- Ravishment; rape; outrage.
- The act of violating, treating with violence, or injuring; the state of being violated.
impingement, profanation, blasphemy, sin, invasion, entrancement, contravention, usurpation, assault, negligence, infraction, ravishment, right, misbehavior, rapine, sacred, misdemeanour, rupture, misdemeanor, contravention, intrusion, colza, encroachment, irreverence, offense, trespass, rape, impact, infringement, offence, sacrilege, breaking.
- dereliction (part of speech: noun)
- destruction (part of speech: noun)
- crime (part of speech: noun)
- misuse (part of speech: noun)
- rape (part of speech: noun)
- noncompliance (part of speech: noun)
- "In and Out of Rebel Prisons", Lieut. A. [Alonzo] Cooper.
- "Essays On Work And Culture", Hamilton Wright Mabie.
- "Sketches of the Covenanters", J. C. McFeeters.