Definition of violence:
- Injury done to that which is entitled to respect, reverence, or observance; profanation; infringement; unjust force; outrage; assault.
- Ravishment; rape; constupration.
- The quality or state of being violent; highly excited action, whether physical or moral; vehemence; impetuosity; force.
- To assault; to injure; also, to bring by violence; to compel.
personnel, apocalypse, abandon, fire, enthusiasm, fervor, duress, force play, emotion, vehemency, passionateness, mood, emphasis, military group, craze, calamity, delirium, catastrophe, barbarism, frame of mind, disturbance, ferociousness, military force, vigorousness, tumult, force-out, undercurrent, sensation, furiousness, fervency, big, road rage, wildness, pitch, compulsion, heart, madness, strong, heat, injury, confusion, fierceness, coercion, vehemence, disorder, fervidness, depth, strength, assertiveness, temper, act of God, white heat, clash, military unit, destruction, power, geohazard, saber-rattling, cataclysm, force, aggressiveness, warmth, foul play, intimidation, ferocity, state of emergency, fury, struggle, rampage, ardency, your inner self, pressure, intenseness, constraint, passion, forcefulness, severity, feelings, natural disaster, hysteria, disaster, effect.
- attack (part of speech: noun)
violence (part of speech: noun)
- "Popular Adventure Tales", Mayne Reid.
- "Real Ghost Stories", William T. Stead.
- "The Lost Wagon", James Arthur Kjelgaard.