Definition of violent:
- Acting, characterized, or produced by unjust or improper force; outrageous; unauthorized; as, a violent attack on the right of free speech.
- An assailant.
- Moving or acting with physical strength; urged or impelled with force; excited by strong feeling or passion; forcible; vehement; impetuous; fierce; furious; severe; as, a violent blow; the violent attack of a disease.
- Produced or effected by force; not spontaneous; unnatural; abnormal.
- To be violent; to act violently.
- To urge with violence.
brutal, unwarranted, impassioned, excruciating, red, expected, fearful, full-blooded, almighty, strong, resounding, dirty, chintzy, strong-arm, convulsive, ruddy, bloodthirsty, barbaric, terrible, gusty, bleached, impetuous, infatuated, baseless, hellacious, ferocious, mad, riotous, lashing, muscular, trigger-happy, intense, mighty, boisterous, stormy, knock-down, agonising, intensive, ghastly, big, turbulent, gale-force, hot, waste, uncivilised, drag-out, vigorous, ablaze, bloody, bad, savage, lurid, agitated, bold, easterly, roiled, bright, cutting, drastic, uncivilized, cold, frantic, blistering, heavy-duty, cerise, knock-down-and-drag-out, east, thuggish, hazardous, chronic, forcible, attack, carmine, distraught, torrid, murderous, rabid, risky, angry, severe, destructive, stringent, powerful, following, fierce, urgent, emotional, unnatural, fiery, bowelless, coercive, peaceful, raving mad, profound, vicious, great, hysterical, gentle, hammer-and-tongs, cherry-red, idle, barbarian, gaga, biting, red-faced, frightful, exquisite, dotty, paroxysmal, force, passionate, ugly, extreme, sense, rugged, keen, scarlet, deep, ruby, volcanic, color-coded, chapped, hard, rough, splitting, calm, cherry, assertive, frenetic, barbarous, quiet, uncultivated, disturbed, disorderly, burning, crazy, achy, colored, inflamed, knockdown-dragout, fantastic, energetic, cyclonic, deliberate, untamed, feverish, untrained, clean, reddish, wild, fearsome, homicidal, dynamic, soulful, furious, explosive, tearing, forceful, acute, tempestuous, demonic, potent, dreadful, crimson, terrorist, crippling, raging, rampageous, ruffianly, roily, brash, histrionic, desperate, strenuous, reddened, delirious, heavy, groundless, agonizing, ardent, godforsaken, blood-red, aggressive, bang-bang, ruby-red, vehement, tough, blood-and-guts, unfounded, flushed, great, the Beaufort scale, cutthroat.
- "La Vendée An Historical Romance", Anthony Trollope.
- "The Front Yard", Constance Fenimore Woolson.
- "Nature Mysticism", J. Edward Mercer.